Re: Re: What ship-style did Dormal build?

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:07:20 -0800

Hello,

Please allow me to intervene.

At 08:45 AM 3/20/2002 -0000, you wrote:
>Richard asked:
>>> A Trireme.
>> How official is this?
>Wholly.

Actually, Dormal's ship was not a trireme. I believe this to be as assumption made, but not founded on fact which I have written. As a matter of fact, people from every place that Dormal visited in person remembers that he was sailing in their type of ship when he arrived, as you can easily see in any of their imagery to the saint, or demigod, or whatever he was when he came by.

YGMV, but to me the oceans are more Atlantic-like than Mediterranean. Actually, more difficult because of the irregular currents and supernatural ocean effects that can occur.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>