Re: Fog of War

From: jamesjhawkins <James.Hawkins_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 14:29:54 -0000

I know nothing about Iphara, but for possession generally I'd throw in a few observations:

  1. If "the public" are familiar with spirits and possession, and a shaman is on hand to exorcise the possessing spirit and bind it into something, then the spirit itself could be tried or accused. If it were a ghost, then the bloodline of the ghost might have to pay the compensation.
  2. A person can resist possession. If they fail to do so, then they could be said to be responsible for what they do under the influence.
  3. IIRC Our Rules (Anaxial's Roster) Say that somebody possessed by a ghost remembers what they did, although dimly. In game, I decided that that was enough for them to appear genuinely guilty to people unfamiliar with possession.

My 2p.

sjjh