Re: Whose Hills?

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:18:14 -0000

I asked mostly about the geology of the hills because: 1- We know a bit about the flora and fauna of the hills. 2- I don't see any problem fitting reasonable flora and fauna to the landscape, once I know what the landscape looks like. But even in the same climate zone 1000 metre tall shallow sided limestone hills and 100m high steep sided granite knuckes will have very different ecosystems.
3- While it is true that environment and flora have an affect on the terrain, it it generally somewhat minor and more predictable, while the impact of terrain on flora and fauna is very large.

I guess I view the geology and the macro-climate of the area as the first principles from which to derive conclusions about other facets of the environment. We know a fair bit about Sartar's climate, so I was looking for more info on its geology.

Besides which, it makes a big difference in a game if the clan "over the ridge" can be reached with an hour's vigorous hike, or only after two days by a skilled climber!

--Bryan