Whose Hills?

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:35:38 -0000

Bryan writes:

"shape, ridges, formation, rock...less interested in flora and fauna for the moment"

Interesting. The shape, ridges, etc. will vary as you go from hills to the high mountains, I don't see that as a big deal. I'm *much* more interested in the flora/fauna. That's why the Congo definitely doesn't work for me, nor do the Sierra Foothills (Live Oaks -> dry climate -> totally wrong for Sartar!) Someplace cool, wet, moderately habitated, as an American, sounds like the Smoky Mountains to me, or maybe the Alps or Carpathians.

The trouble with *modern* Scotland is that there aren't many trees there either, and I see Sartar as heavily wooded. But maybe this is wrong - how much of the Sartar forest has been cut for grazing?