Re: Whose Hills?

From: Michael Schwartz <mschwartz_at_...>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 13:07:11 -0400

My only reservation with using Scotland as a model for the Quivin foothills is the number of lochs which line the bottoms of Scotland's valleys. Nothing in the current body of published material suggests that similar lakes exist in Quiviniland. Rivers abound, but lakes seem few and far between. The only mention of lakes which I recall comes from "Cities of Dragon Pass" (KING OF SARTAR, pp. 182-4), north of where the Creek joins the River. Dendelle Lake is the northernmost of these, and the city of Hannand which lays at its end is somewhere near Dwarf Run.
--
Michael Richard Schwartz | Language is my playground,
mschwartz_at_... | and words, its slides and