Re: Re: How Lunars shave their faces?

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:35:36 -0500

At 1:09 AM +0000 4/16/02, markmohrfield wrote:

>> > I wonder if in Esrolia the normal Lhankor Mhy requirement is
>> reversed
>> > and sages must go clean-shaven.
>>
>> I doubt that, given that the beardedness is a pretty central LM
>> mythic and physical identifier -
>
>Possibly, but I definitely see the requirement waived for women!

        It's not like this is some weird custom the LM like to indulge in... If you don't have a beard, the god probably won't talk to you. LM, after all, is not too concerned with gender politics in Esrolia (except, of course, as an area of knowledge).

        Now the Esrolian woman who is humiliated by having to wear a beard may perform a difficult hero quest and gain the invisible beard, whose beardliness is so perfect is does not need to show itself to the profane. Last posessed by Brion, the Beardless Bardic Barber of Boldhome, it was lost during the fall of that city when the beleaguered Brion was "trimmed" by JarEel. The Beastly Barber's terrifying tonsorial magics nearly killed the Lunar Hero during the combat -- she was later known to say that her survival was a "close shave."

Peter Larsen