The Esrolian close shave.

From: ferguswindbag <abf_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:11:11 -0000

Peter Larsen:
> It's not like this is some weird custom the LM like to indulge
> in... If you don't have a beard, the god probably won't talk to
you. LM,
> after all, is not too concerned with gender politics in Esrolia
(except, of
> course, as an area of knowledge).

The god as worshipped in Sartar, using Sartarite rites (and under the Sartarite name?) probably wouldn't, no. It's not to say that something is merely an "option" to imagine that variations don't exist. In Sartar, after all, Death is worshipped as a deeply honourable entity: this isn't to say that there are no other manifestations of the same transcendent power (possibly even by the same name...) that have very different rites and requirements. This sounds altogether a more 'surface' (though not insignificant) matter than that, for example.

I can easily imagine that Lankhor Mhy (not to be confused with his northern Peckish near-cognate, and indeed anagram, Lhankor Mhy) insists on being worshipped by the Esrolite rites, by someone with long white hair bound in the manner of the Crone (as opposed to bearded in the style of the Cliche'd Old Geezer).

Indeed, perhaps the most common sagely and "lawspeaking" deity is regarded as an aspect of Asrelia herself?