Re: Dragonkill War Survivors

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:59:47 -0000

Sure, though its hard to suppose. All those draconic awakenents would case earthquakes. But it sounds cool and it probably is cool so I'd go for it.

I know that in my game, 1/3 of the Hidden Spear clan are survivors of the Dragonkill. They lived in a Hidden Glen. A hidden glen is no match for a dragon's wrath so they worked a ritual with the god of teh valley (their wyter) to hide themselves until it was 'safe.'

Sadly, after the dragonkill, the valley was occupied and it was not safe. Only when Our Heroes managed to wipe out the smallish troll clan that was living there did they return. The next time mists cloaked the valley, 200 ragged refugees with their herds and goods trudged out of the whiteness in the middle of the tula..

But they only thought they were gone for a week. Unfortunately, they do not remember much. By the time they fled, draconic influence had so permeated their culture that when the Memory Removal hit, they lost incredible amounts of lore and just plain experience.

After joining the clan as the Mistwalker bloodline, the refugees have noticed that many of the carvings and fixtures being made by the newly settled craftsmen have draconic parts - heads, eyes, sinuous shapes but they don't know why. "Its in our hands, but not in our minds." I think that there may be more draconic stuff in the future. Perhaps clues to a certain lost EWF banner and (what will become) Argrath's sword might be in the region.

A chance idea has really enriched the game. A belated thanks to all those who helped with the 'Build Your Clan Up Fast' thread of a year ago.

Hope this helps,

Jeff