Re: Reluctant Gamers

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:49:35 +0100

> What do they like about playing a game? Being a wandering mercenary
> band is part of the game world background information, rather than
> what they get out of the game itself. What is it about playing that
> they find enjoyable? Ian Cooper recently (on the hw-rules list)
> brought our attention of Ron Edward's ideas
> http://www.indie-rpgs.com/articles/gns/gns_chapter2.html
> It might be useful to analyse your group in those terms.

Also, Robin Laws (a name that should not be entirely unknown to Hero Wars fans ;-) ) has written an excellent book expanding on the theme, titled 'Robin's Laws of Good GameMastering'. His version has seven types of RPGers, and is replete with sensible advice on how to GM for them.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

MXLPs: 3 (Cap'n Q, Harvey Mills, Tim Hall)