Re: Re: Reluctant Gamers

From: con1453_at_...
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:24:28 EDT

In a message dated 4/24/02 3:22:59 PM, ghoyle1_at_... writes:

<< That's one of the things that prompted this line of thought. The ones I know are three power gamers and a butt-kicker, to use Robin's terminology. I can't make up my mind about one of the others that I've gamed with, and the other 3 I don't know about (though I suspect that two of them are storytellers). I'm more the storyteller type, I suppose, with some method-actor thrown in.

It's looking very unlikely that I'll be running a game with this group because of the differences in our attitudes. >>

I'm not sure why you can't tell a story for power-gamers and butt-kickers. Both Wolf Pirates and Uz fit this; not to mention Loskalmi fighting the KOW, a Sartarite gang fighting the Lunars, any band in Prax, Mraloti fighting the Ramalian overlords, or, what the hey, a Darkness group like the one presnted in the rules or even a Chaos band trying to destroy the world?

Jim Chapin