Re: Re: Uz! would pay for downloadable maps

From: stefan.drawert_at_...
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:22:57 +0200

 Mark wrote:

> Well, they do - GTA members get progressively greater access to all
> sorts of goods (take a look at
> http://www.issaries.com/gta/gta_material.html for the current list).
> Sure, it's not quite the same as buying each individual thing you
> might like, but remember that each such transaction takes the one
> resource Issaries has least of - time. The bottom line is, would you
> rather Greg and Steve be spending their time editing the next book
> or processing some $5 micropayment?

though I did not think that this could be so time-consuming, I agree with your point.

> Take the map of Sartar - there are OKish ones about as is, enough to
> meet basic gaming needs. But Issaries also have Wesley's *very*
> pretty one which in due course will be published with the DP
> Gazzeteer. Unpublished fiction, drafts, etc - lots available to the
> higher-end GTA members.

sorry, but the money I'd need to spent to "just" become an initiate is beyond my financial capabilities yet. and even then it wouldn't be assured that I get what I really would like to spent my dough on.

I don't think I'm the only one who regrets the height and kind of this monetary hurdle.

but this maybe is off-topic,
sorry!

--

 Stefan