Re: Using Famous Characters

From: janewilliams20 <jane_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:24:39 -0000

> > And, having tried it, I prefer not to have
> > them as player characters unless the game is a long way into
Future
> > History. Knowing that either they survive or History is wrecked
> > limits things to much for my taste.

Unlikely if she's a player character. I'm happy to have her as an NPC, then I can give her a get-out-of-jail-free card if she needs it. But I've run her once as my PC, and while it was fun as a oneoff,  I wouldn't want to do it for the length of a campaign.

> Of course it also depends on how free the GM feels they want to be
> with Gloranthan "history" too!

Me, personally, I get very unhappy if History goes off the rails. But that's purely a question of my personal taste and the ease with which alternate histories confuse me.