Re: Humakti in court

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 14:29:14 -0500

At 7:15 PM +0000 5/14/02, nichughes2001 wrote:
> > nothing wrong with bias if dealing with a group outside of the clan
>e.g. a
>> Humakti warband..
>
>Other than the obvious fact that the warband might have more and
>better warriors than the clan chief and might take umbrage at a
>kangaroo court? OK so if the clan chief is far more powerful and
>fancies throwing his weight around obviously he can, this has little
>to do with the niceties of Heortling law however.

        On the other hand, the warband relies on the tribes and clans for support, right? So the warband will be equally unwilling to needlessly antagonize clans. Which does not, I hasten to add, mean that Humakti can be pushed around -- just that they have plenty of reasons to "play nice" with past and future employers.

Peter Larsen