Re: Humakti in court

From: nichughes2001 <nick.hughes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:17:32 -0000

Yes, I thought we had already agreed that warband leaders would discipline humakti who thought it was cool to go round killing people and aggravating the neighbours? I thought we had also agreed that the warband leader would more often than not pay compensation as that would be the honorable thing to do.

For the very same reasons a clan chief would be unwise to go round killing off humakti by setting their clan champion on them for crimes that do not carry the death penalty in Heortling law and custom. Sure if the humakti is unsheathed they can legally do it because the laws do not protect such a person but they would have to ask themselves whether the clan really needs more enemies - particularly enemies who are likely to be battle-hardened and merciless.

--
Nic