Foxes Re: Baron's Friends

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 02:47:55 -0000

> this story certainly follows my ideas of how the Orlanthi have
> developed.
> Nick, Its an excellent piece of prose
> Jeff, Thanks for pointing it out
> One question, What Orlanthi clan is home to the wonderous Fox King?
>
> Cheers,
> An Impressed Mick

The Jenstali. I am told it means 'red fox clan' They get wiped out in a feud by Argath's ancestor (King of Sartar). The red fox seems to have a somewhat sinister reputation among the Orlanthi. The White fox seems more associated with letchery and fecundity (is that a word?). The Jenstali Clan seemed to make a hobby of nasty tricks and strange practices so they would make good candidates. I think I have a Jenstali keyword I wrote up back when HW was new. Fox and Hunting wee the affinties. There might have been a third 'trickery' affinity too.

Personally, I don't think its that easy to exterminate foxes. But I may be prejudiced somehow. The Volstali (Cloud Fox Clan) are still out there. There are Fox hsunchen out there, somewhere. I'm sure of it.

I'd better get back to filking JC: Superstar for the Hero Wars.

Listen Kallyr, do you care for your race? Don't you see we must keep in our place? We are occupied. Have you forgotten how put down we are?

Jeff