Ralian Headhunting

From: Dougie <dougiepunk_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 14:48:19 +0100

> Hey, everything cool can't be part of Heortling culture. Save some
for the rest of the world...In my Glorantha, head-taking is part of the East Ralian culture (it's probably too old-fashioned for the Lankst folk).

Well my vote goes for headhunting being an old and honourable tradition, now considered backwards, overly brutal and barbaric by most Orlanthi except in Ralios, but but still followed by a few tradituionalists and extrea bloodthirsty types everywhere Orlanth is worshipped - old customs, particuly such psychologically potent ones as this die hard.

Any heortling following these ways would be considered bloody and barbaric but also possibably (and at the same time) respected for his dedication and ferocity. I also think that if a fanatical rebel band (Exiles?) starts to build pyramids out of Lunar heads, they will garner much fearful admiration amoungst more moderate Heartlings (if they can get away with it)...

My 2p, Dougie :).