Re: DP Climate

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 09:05:36 +0100

Morgan Conrad:

> "DP is cold by the standards of many Imperial homelands,"
>
> Is this true? Maybe I'm being too simplistic, but Pameltela is hot,
> the White Sea is has ice, so northern Peloria is definitely very
> cold, Ralios is specifically described as "moderate" in temp, so
> logically (as far as logic applies to Glorantha) DP should also be
> fairly moderate temperature, warmer than Peloria, if you aren't
> counting the highest mountains.
>
> Our Lunar PCs who visited Ralios during my campaign loved the local
> peaches and apricots. I figure the Empire is more apple territory.

Dragon Pass has a much higher altitude, even in its 'lowlands', than most of Peloria and the constant worshipping of storm gods rather than gods of sunlight doesn't help much either. Esrolia (let alone Caladraland) is certainly warmer than Peloria, IMO, but Sartar isn't. OTOH, there are parts of the Empire that are colder than Sartar; the Hungry Plateau probably is, and the northern reaches around Yuthuppa, Carmania and the Redlands may be so too, albeit less stormy. By the time you're up in Erigia then you'll definitely be missing the balmy Sartarite summers ;-)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic