Re: Humakti acceptability

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:26:31 -0000

Wulf, right on! Where were you last year when I argued that Avarnia, the goddess of plump quails, was fluff? As for the argument "how can we live with only 24 gods?", many of us did quite well with far less then 24 in Cults of Prax.

For example, being very ruthless, is Vinga really needed? I love the cult, I'm sure if I ran in a Heortling campaign a PC would be in Vinga, but two words, "Orlanth Adventuress", combined with a fairly standard TomBoy stereotype, cover ~90% of the cult.

Simon wrote:

"Humakt is a Great God not because he's
good at killing, but because he encompases the role of death in all it's aspects and consequences."

As somebody else correctly pointed out one of my mistakes, he's the god of death by a weapon. Humakth is the god of Soldiers and Mercenaries, not deep philosophers thinking about all its aspects and consequences. If you care deeply about the great cycle of life and death, you worship Ernalda or Sedenya or Arachne Solara, not Humakht.