Re: Re: Humakti acceptability

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:32:10 +0100

Wulf replies to me :

> > Okay then, lets hear your list of 24 gods (including all subcults
>and other
> > complications) for the heortlings.
>
>Well, I'd have to check everything so far published, but the short
>version would be to knock off all current subcults, keeping Aspects,
>but dropping the Heros and 'lesser deities' from the back of Storm
>Gods. That would leave how many ? I might then drop off some deities
>altogether, or add others back in dropped with the Subcults.

Okay, I'd complain about the dropping of Sky River Titan for starters... And what of Big Man? "Here new player, go read 'Morden Defends the Camp' to get a flavour of Gloranthan Magic" "okay... [reads for a bit] ...can I heroform Big Man then?" "Sorry, no, Wulf says its boring..." <grin>

> >I defy you to come up with a list that
> > doesn't have at least one person here going 'but you left off XXX'.
>
>But that's the point. 'XXX' is most likely to be some deity already
>in print, and therefore it WOULD be noticed - it's too late now
>without a major revision, we're swamped by them. Had they not been
>included, they would never be missed. I did say 'would make a
>perfectly playable world', not 'could be left after culling all the
>others'.

But that's the point - people LIKE 'XXX'. Why should we be deprived of playing characters that excite us, just because they don't excite you.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson