Re: Humakti again

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:49:08 -0000

Dougie:

> But if the Humakti re-sheaths he can pretty much carry on as-was but
he but
> doesn't have to worry about his family having to be responsible for
his
> actions (IMO this responsibility falls on who-ever hires the Humakti
e.g.
> chieftain, mercenary commander etc.who effectively take the place of
family
> in legal matters)...

That sounds right to me.

> I really do think (IMG, IMOHO etc.) that a humakti can sever his
family
> ties as a formality and a legal get out clause only, but still live
with his
> family, have a bit a nooky with suitable members of whatever sex he
fancies,
> turn up at his mums for family get together and generally be a
relatively
> normal member of society albeit with various ritual roles and
> responsibilities and a convenient legal position for a soldier ....

I'm not sure I'd describe it as just a formality, because the legal and social ramifications are not insignificant, but I'd broadly agree with the above. Certainly they can have nooky, go see their mum, and so on. Not that all them do, mind you - the lone sociopath is not a wholly innaccurate description of certain Humakti, even though they aren't the norm. Being able to include both sorts within the cult is good for gaming, after all.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic