Re: of topic, but trying.

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:11:29 EDT

In a message dated 20/06/02 21:38:30 GMT Daylight Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< I enjoyed it very much!

 Apart from the above second-last sentence.

 ciao,
 Gian

Gian,
Commiserations, Please do not feel the need to join the cult of Humakt because of the competition, although perhaps you know how they feel. :)

Desperately linking this to Glorantha, I can see parallels between support for national teams that are not your own, and clan/tribe/kingdom behaviour amongst the Heortlings. We had Ireland generally being supported by English fans, anyone England played against generally being supported by the Scots (but with a notable SNP polititian pleading that this shoudln't be the case) , we have Shane Warne being surprised to find himself by cheering on the "bloody poms".

OK so its a spurious and weak link but don't get me started on how Justice in the Heortling legal systems resembles the voting in the Eurovision Song Contest.

Keith