Vingan Powers

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:52:59 +1000

Reiner:
>Second, a clever tactician playing a Vingan with

> all her movement powers and much more broadly defined affinities is
> probably more dangerous.

I'm not a clever tactician, but I *do* play a vingan, and wrote up the cult with Greg, and I too am starting to think she could be a power gamer's delight. It's not so much her movement powers, but her Inspire Non-Combatant powers that are the real powerhouse.

Combat 4w
(Deadly Spear Throw, Fight against
Rapist, Fight against Uz, Leaping
Shield, Mile Javelin Throw, Spear
Help)

Movement 4w
(Burst of Speed, Dodge Missiles,
Leap over Water, Run on Treetop,
Run upon Snow)

Inspire Non-combatants 1w
(Follow Me, Last Ditch Effort, Now
I'm Angry, Surprise Yourself,
There is Always a Way)

I've used 'Surprise Yourself' on other player characters to real effect, and most of the others as well. My vingan isn't nearly as powerful in combat as our party's chainsaw humakti, but in tactical matters and non-combat feats she excels. The Mile Javelin Throw can be pretty useful as well. :)

The vingan feats are so powerful because, as you noted, they are so general. Of course, there is the need to take care of non-combatants, which acts as a balance when they are actually present. GMs worried about possible imbalance should always have a bunch of screaming and terrified children at hand when combat threatens. (I shouldn't have said that, should I Russ? :))

John

nysalor_at_...                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

Fate saves
The living when they drive away death by themselves!