Re: Re: Greg's Comments

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 08:33:26 -0700

> > Hmm, am I right in thinking that, these days (in comparison to the
> RQ
> > era), resurrection is exceedingly rare: only available as a cult
> secret
> > for one local sub cult of a minor religion?

Basically yes, though heortlings can always go on a Lightbringer Quest if they *really* want to :-)

How many Heortlings,
> outside
> > a Lhankor Mhy temple or the Sisters of Mercy, will know about the
> Death
> > Sickness?

Everyone probably has heard of it, the same way everyone in the RW has heard of psychopathic killers (how many do *you* know personally? My wife met one at a time when he was working the Renaissance Faire - "kind of creepy"...), or of people who have "died and come back" on the operating table (the whole "I saw a brilliant light, but knew I had to come back" schtick).

"Everyone knows" that resurrected people are not the same, and most either join Humakt or Chalana Arroy - they become obsessed with Death/Life in one way or another. A few rare individuals (like Player Heroes) might not fall prey to Relife Sickness, the most famous is Asborn (Twice- Thrice-, and Fourborn). And, of course, Narrator Fiat can always resurrect a Hero...

RR