Re: Humakti mini-comment

From: ian_hammond_cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:13:03 -0000

giangero wrote:
>I don't think I will obsess my players with "guilty syndromes"
because their heroes killed that bandit or that bully in the tavern.

Sure. Hero Wars does make killing more of a choice sometimes. The contest mechanics mean that delivering a coup de grace or driving the opponent to complete defeat are often a choice. The rules do discuss this and I think whether you have cinematic violence or have more consequences depends on what works for you and your group.

We tend to find that players make a choice to kill in our game. Bitter enemies are often killed, those with whom the conflict involves less personal feeling are often spared. YGMV. My point was more that our image of a Humatki does not have to be veer an idea of insanity to visualize the stone-cold killer as being different and frightening.