final death

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:26:25 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, morganconrad wrote:

<snip>
> Rules have changed some, and perhaps we were doing too much power-
> gaming and not enough mythic role-playing, but I'd also argue that
> knowing that death is final, and growing more cautious as a result,
> is also perfectly reasonable role-playing.

The humakti know they aren't coming back. For an orlanthi death means some R&R at Valhalla (can't remember the gloranthan name now), and then getting reborn in the world. A humakti has given that up, and after death will stand guard in Humakts warband forever.

So I don't think they are in a hurry to die a meaningless death. They won't fear a good death, but they won't rush into a meaningless skirmish.

        -Adept