Re: A humakti ambush

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 17:37:16 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> At 09:38 PM 6/30/02 +0300, you wrote:
>
> >In my wiev a humakti could ambush a foe (or a caravan, party, etc.) by
> >waiting behind a tree, bush etc until the foe is near.
> >
> >He would then step onto the trail/road in front of his enemy, draw his
> >sword and gravely say "I challenge thee. To the death."
> >
> >He would then give the foe time to draw a weapon and compose
> >him/herself.
>
> What if said foe decides to run away very quickly?
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

That's a very good guestion. I suppose they would not be concidered worthy of killing then. If it was a particularily nasty foe, and the humakti was powerful enough, it could be time for the Swordbreaker curse.

Since the fight (and challenge) was to be in the name of Humakt, it would be possible to try to curse the coward that fled.

But for the most part, I think running away would work just fine.

        -Adept