Re: Re: Zorak Zoran and Urox

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 17:39:07 +1200

Charles Corrigan wrote:

>Much of this is speculation for the Glorantha Digest but quickly...
>Zorak Zoran pre-Arkat was a sane Troll wargod. Perhaps Arkat merged
>the defiant and berserker aspects of Urox with the Dark Eater and
>Zorak Zoran to form the modern, insane, anti-social Zorak Zoran?

I strongly doubt that Arkat was ever into modifying gods. It's stated a couple of times that he was a fanatic in every religion that he entered into. Tinkering around with the tenets of belief (a la the God Learners) sounds unlike him.

FWIW my belief is that the Trolls originally worshipped a manifestation of ZZ known as Zolan Zubar. As a result of cross-species communication encouraged by the World Council of Friends, the trolls discovered a stronger manifestation of ZZ - Zorakzor, a Taker incarnation in the Aldryami pantheon and killer of flamal. They adapted this in their own religion and came out with Zorak Zoran. This is bound up with the formation of the Kitori tribe AFAIK and predates Arkat.

--Peter Metcalfe