Re: Elmal in Hell

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:37:28 +0200

Keith and John :

> > (Further I suspect
> > that some Elmali know that Elmal created the path up out of the
> > underworld that Orlanth and the other gods later tread. >>
>
> I like this a lot. Elmal finally left his post to mark the trail for
> his Lord's return.

I agree with Keith, and IMO there are at least three or more still undocumented but important Elmal cults that still need publishing. The Torchbearer cult for one, the Anti-Darkness Warrior for another, but also an Underworld Survivor cult.

As I said in a recent post, I believe that the Elmal in Hell myths take place in what the Orlanthi would recognise as the Storm Tribe Age, so I think that the trail was already blazed ;-) by Elmal by the time Orlanth and co needed it : indeed Elmal's Torchbearing Son (the Son of the Sun) died IMO during the darkness, and was able to lead Orlanth up into the World again.

just my 2c

Julian Lord