Re: Elmal in Hell

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 17:14:29 EDT

In a message dated 05/07/02 14:48:28 GMT Daylight Time, HeroWars_at_yahoogroups.com writes:

<< Sure, Storm Tribe says that Orlanth threw him the torch at the  dawning, but I suspect that the Elmali know that was purely symbolic,  Elmal would have been back at dawn again anyway, as he had each time  before. The torch strengthened him, of course. (Further I suspect  that some Elmali know that Elmal created the path up out of the  underworld that Orlanth and the other gods later tread. >>

It was suggested to me that the torch that Orlanth threw was an aspect of Elmal anyway. Also that Elmal went to Hell with the Emperor while he was still part of the his court, the Sun Tribe. Probably, this should also be the torch part. Where does the invisible mountain come into it?

Keith