Re: Canal in Prax

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:06:24 -0000

I can think of a few things that could be factors here: - The prax area is mostly dominated by spirits, although water spirits don't seem very strong there in general (I'm sure there is a myth behind that too)
- Zola Fel is a god/daimone/whatever the right term is, and the canal would seem to be related.
- A canal is not so much a natural thing. Compared to a river it would almost seem to me to be a slave, being all regulated with no freedom of its own. If the canal has a mythological history that he manages to find, so he really gets a canal spirit, it should behave (although its abilities will be those of a thrall). On the other hand, if he awakens a river spirit, it may not want to stay canal like for long....
- Presumably Generts Garden required some cooperative water spirits/daimone/whatever, since even back in the good old days I expect plants mostly needed water. So perhaps what he views as a canal may have a mythological basis as something more like an irrigation ditch?

Best of luck coming up with something fun!

--Bryan