RE: A bit off topic but.... nostalgic [Fwd: (Fwd) Ah, the old days...]

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:13:44 +0100

>And don't get me started on the latest die thing I saw recently at a Con.
>D10s actually marked as the 10 die? What's the challenge of that?

Obviously different where you are - I've had one of those for some ten years now.

> In my
>days we had to call the 10 die when rolling D100- and we liked it. Blue is
>tens we'd holler hopefully before actually rolling 'em. (Or more obscurely
>once the blue die=the tens die precendent was set-red is blue, or whatever
>the colour was).

Not to mention the fun house rule of "forgot to call? The GM (or player currently most pissed at you) gets to choose after you roll..."

> And remember those silly D100s? Sheesh.

One of my players has one - but in Hero Wars gets precious little chance to use it. (Not that they work...)

>Olver (proud owner of a D30 he likes to create opportunities to roll
>whenever he can).

Cheers,
Graham (another proud D30 owner, who likes to create... oh, never mind)

--
Graham Robinson
graham_at_...

Albion Software Engineering Ltd.