RE: Re: Canal in Prax

From: bernuetz.oliver_at_...
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:00:20 -0400

Peter said :

>Again that's not a given IMO. The Praxians and the Serpents may have been
the bitterest of enemies during the >Gods War.

Upon reflection this is probably true. The rivers are only there in the first place because they invaded the land. Hardly a basis for friendly relations. You can however always escalate an already hostile relationship to new levels. Atrocities (which this probably represents to the rivers) can make a bad situation even worse. Of course the rivers are pretty limited in what they can do to the Praxians aren't they?

>In which case, Waha's actions in making the Good Canal seem perfectly
reasonable to me.

Who ever said it was unreasonable from Waha's viewpoint? What does he care what some silly rivers think? My thought was that the rivers would be very reluctant/hostile to allow anyone to construct new canals in Prax because of that business.

My other point was that he botched the job. If he really wanted to clean the devil out of Prax he should have continued the canal to run all the way to the ocean. At best he did a half assed job. He may have diluted the devil's essence (or whatever) but he certainly didn't wash that devil right out of his hair. Send that god back to civil engineering school.

Oliver