Re: Re: Canal in Prax

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 10:43:21 -0700

bernuetz.oliver_at_... wrote:

> My other point was that [Waha] botched the job. If he really
> wanted to clean the devil out of Prax he should have continued
> the canal to run all the way to the ocean. At best he did a
> half assed job. He may have diluted the devil's essence (or
> whatever) but he certainly didn't wash that devil right out of
> his hair. Send that god back to civil engineering school.

Hm... Washing the devil into the ocean would have pissed off all the water gods & spirits, instead of just the local river gods. (IIRC, all the water gods are still mad at Lankhor Mhy for throwing Tien's skull in the ocean.) Waha might have decided that it was safe to annoy the local river gods, but not the entire Water Rune Club.

...or possibly, Waha actually *did* dig the canal to the ocean, but the ocean gods blocked it somehow? There might be a myth in there that one could dig up...

--AMS