RE: Spam [MODERATOR]

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 07:18:49 +0100

Jeremy writes:

> Life is full of minor irritations - and drastic world changing
> solutions aren't necessarily going to resolve them.

Just to get a sense of perspective here, this mailing list has had about half a dozen spams out of more than twelve thousand messages. I don't think that's enough to warrant any traumatic upheavals, although I'm as irritated as everyone else by the few that do slip through.

Anyone who spams here is immediately reported to their ISP and hosting company and banned from the mailing list, but - being realistic - that's probably no more than they expected. Spammers are, after all, filth.

If anyone else feels strongly about spam, from personal experience I can recommend the POP-mail filtering ($30 p.a.) and spam reporting (free) services offered by www.spamcop.net.

But let's not talk about spam.

Regards, Nick
HeroWars Moderator