RE: Why He Hates Lunars

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:18:54 +0100

Nope: that's Clarke's Law (and I like your version of that, and append my own):

"Clarke's Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
from magic."

"Solovay's Restatement of Clarke's Law: Any sufficiently reliable system
of magic is indistinguishable from technology." cf. Mostali, microwave ovens...

"Brooke's Restatement of Clarke's Law: Any sufficiently advanced system
of magic is indistinguishable from God Learning."

Godwin's Law, OTOH, is the one about Nazi comparisons on Usenet: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.10/godwin.if_pr.html

"Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies: As an online discussion grows
longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

I was thinking the Gloranthan equivalent might be:

"Brooke's Restatement of Godwin's Law: As a Gloranthan discussion grows
longer, the probability of a comparison involving God Learners approaches one."

Cheers, Nick