Re: New Pelorian

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 07:32:43 -0700

At 10:10 AM 8/10/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>So you *do* link the language to illumination.

I myself don't think this is so.

>I thought the
>understanding brought by the language was different but perhaps it can
>be seen as Illumination Light. Perhaps it is just the best vehicle for
>the teckniques that bring illumination, being specifically created with
>that in mind?

Not in my Glorantha.

Illumination does not require this language, nor does this language require or bring about illumination.

Illumination is not the objective of the Lunar religion. The objective is "We are all Us." Illumination is a minor sideline.

>> Beyond this, the Lunar Way teaches that these forms of magic are accessing
>> the ultimate though different doors that lead to the same place and New
>> Pelorian can open those doors. The language of Lunar Magic is New
Pelorian,
>> the key to illumination is understanding.

The key to illumination is to transcend understanding.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>