RE: Bows in Horses Tribes

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:28:18 +0100

> Generally, nomads use a special rider-bow.
> They use a bow almost as long as the long bow, but it isn't a
> standard long-bow with the handle in the middle.

> They are specially made for riders; the bow's handle is at a third
> of the bottom.
> It gives the archer the possibility to use it on an horse, they are
> able to shoot on both sides; it is no so difficult to pass above
> (/cross over) the head of the horse.

 The problem is not the horses head, it's being able to twist round that far without drastically shorting
how for you pull the bow.
To change the side of the horse you shoot from you would also have to change hands and
shoot holding the bow with the other hand. Why do you think the Indians in the cowboy
movies always circle there enemies in the one direction ?

ps I have tried this using a vaulting box and a replica Mongol type bow. I did get a few strange looks though :-)

This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and for the
exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender.
We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to postmaster_at_... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at WWW.MITSUIBABCOCK.COM