GenCon Was: A gentle rant about Tusk Riders

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:51:51 -0000

It had its moments. Too much AEG stuff and not enough schlepping HeroQuest and Gloranthacon (quickplug!). It was good to meet some folks I've been emailing for a while but never met. Having a voice to go with the typing always seems to help. (Sorry I managed to miss you, Steve).

On the other hand, the con was crowded. Too many arses and elbows, particularly around the entrance to the dealer's area - I am looking forward to the venue moving to Indanapolis next year. GenCon has long since outgrown the MECA complex.

But I think I still prefer Origins is a bit cooler. I found the religous tendency of the staff at GenCon to clean up (read, throw out all non Wotc/Hasboro/Gencon literature) a bit annoying. When I asked about a table where I could put out some Gloranthacon flyers, I was told that I should have bought space in the program book... I was a bit surprised. Hopefully, next year will be different.

Best, I got to drool over my copy of Orlanth Is Dead. Very nice. Some quibbles but it looks good.... Now, on to HeroQuest and Gloranthacon.

Jeff
www.gloranthacon.com - blatant plug