RE: Re: Illumination Again

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:52:03 -0700

At 08:22 PM 8/14/2002 +0100, you wrote:
TI
>> Good Example, but IMO a sort of Zen Buddhism is better for Kralorela
>> rather than Lunar Empire setting.

Do not fall into the trap of thinking that Glorantha is Earth, and that the analogue homelands are like eartthly ones. I will assure that meditative cults exist in the Empire, that some of them practice Nothing, and that Patanjali's methodology is mirrored by some Lunar practices.

Nick
>I prefer Greek philosophical paradoxes for the Lunars, myself:
Such are also present and preferred by other schools. I'll not comment on the relative inefficiencies of these systems to encourage Illumination.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_...
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>