Re: Things fall for magical reasons

From: jeffkyer <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:48:09 -0000

Nope. Its magical REASONS not effects. There's more apt explanations of this in the herowars rules, of course. ITs just the way the Great Gods and the Three (or five or seven) Worlds interact modified by the Great Compromise.

Like was said on the other HW list - "Don't Be This Guy"

> And a person can resist these magical effect with their own innate
magic?

Depends. Can you resist the Storm? All of it? Lokomoko tried to do that... look what happened to him.

What you are trying to do is 'refute' the world. That's mysticism, something I'd never really understood. =)

> Surely it is the case that their is a norm that was established in
> Godtime - things in the air fall, water flows down hill, people die
if
> a large rock falls on their head!! It is powerful magic that creates
> the exceptions rather than the norm. Surely chaos strives for the

That's about right.

> situation where nothing is real and all can be changed at a whim.
Did
> not the great compromise prevent that from happening again?
>
> Jon

That's pretty much how I view it. I don't view it as being 'laws of physics' or anything which would be amenable to numbers.

Jeff