Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:32:38 -0000

Roderick has answered your previous questions mor than adequately, but -

> Another question comes here: Is the Uroxi sense sure ?

I suppose that depends on how you choose to run it. Like any ability it can be raised to make it better, which implies that it's not always 100% perfect.

On the one hand, you could say that the Uroxi must simply overcome the standard resistance all magic encounters of 14. That way all an Uroxi has to do is raise it over 14W to make it very reliable.

Alternatively you might work out some bonuses to the default resistance. The resistance is 14 for a member of a chaotic race, who is tainted by chaos (i.e. has a chaos feature) and is a devotee of a chaos god. Add bonuses for the following :

Doesn't have a chaos taint : +10
Isn't of a chaotic race : +10
Is only an initiate in a chaos cult : +5 Isn't even initiated in a chaos cult : +10 Is Illuminated : from +5 to +40

Or something like that, depending on how you see it working in your game. I suppose distance penalties would also apply as for magic, and you might want to reduce the difficulty depending on the number of chaotics.

Simon Hibbs