Re: Darksense at that!

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:16:13 -0000

> Some suggestions would be :-
> Seeing round corners [difficult but not impossible]
> Spot weak spot in [item]
> e.g.. Troll smiths could use there sonar to spot flaws inside metal
> weapons.
> Stun small pray at close distances [By "shouting" at them with
> darksense]

I would guess that the heroquest ability 'Kill at a Glance' is probably a darksense sonic weapon type effect similar to this.

I'm not sure how to do this in rules (que transfer to the rules list), but it's debatable as darksense is obviously a mundane ability, but you should probably be able to do some pretty groovy things with Darksense Scan at 10w3!

Finaly, perhaps darksense isn't propagated through air at all, but through Darkness (or at least Shadow), and only goes through other media such as air and water because the world is made of everything.

Simon Hibbs