Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: Peter Larsen <peterl_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:29:08 -0500

At 5:20 PM +0000 8/29/02, simon_hibbs2 wrote:
>Take two average Char Un. They both commit
>rape during the destruction of a rebbel village. The first enjoys
>it, gets on his horse and never rapes again because he never realy
>gets the chance. The second enjoys it, and immediately looks for
>further opportunities to do it again. He applies to transfer to a

[snip]

>The first guy is still himself, whether you or I or his culture
>think he did right or wrong. The second one changed his life so
>that he could satisfy his desire. I don't care how accepting of
>what he does his comrades, or even normal Char Un society is. He
>might even get an 'effing medal, but he's still IMHO clearly
>corrupt beyond redemption.

        Exactly right. The first guy does it because that's what his people do in that situation. [He gives collateral worship to Thed in the process] The second guy begins to rape for the sake of rape, and, in some way, begins to give active worship to Thed. Eventually, Thed notices this worship and starts "giving back."

        There are probably a lot of chaos-touched whose Love Violence (or Cannibalism or Rape or Torture) wars with their Self Disgust, Relationship Clan (Family, whatever), virtues. You know, the Broos chief who can still be persuaded to honor the Greeting, at least for a little while, the Uraini who can be distracted by memories of her childhood stead, etc.

Peter Larsen