Re: Uroxi sense Chaos-tainted/marked ?

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:30:55 -0000

> Except "treating your enemy like human beings" is not a very
> Heortling attitude.

They certainly ahve a very robust approach to foreign relations, but I wouldn't go that far. "We routinely murder strangers just like Orlanth does" isn't quite normal Heortling customs so far as I know. For example, once cordial relations with a foreign traveller have been (somehow) established, they are usualy protected by some basic norms of behaviour.

> ...Hate Lunar is a pretty standard virtue/flaw for
> Sartari, so it can't be a priori bad. If it's your defining trait,
> then you may have a problem, because you are not so much a
Heortling
> as a Lunar Hater who happens to live in Sartar.

Precisely - your self-definition has changed from being a normal person with this or that passion, to being someone who's life is devoted to hate. Someone who defines himself by what he is not is on a slippery slope to nihilistic doom.

> What I meant by the cult business is not that some cults give
> you leave to commit atrocities, but some cults might teach the
> initiate to channel their Hate Lunar into Heortling-Approved
> directions, avoiding losing one's identity and perspective in the
> overwhelming emotion. Sort of the way that Humakti channel the
> attraction to death, Uroxi channel Hate Chaos, etc

I agree completely.

> >* Of course, I could be a sneaky Lunar agent, preaching universal
> >tolerance and mutual understanding for subversive long-term
> >goals. You decide.
>
> Hmmm, maybe Mr. Hibbs needs to spend some time in the godar's
> tent (Urox or Maran, you pick), being tested for Lunar
>Sympathies....

Cool - I've got these realy interesting riddles I'd like to discuss with him.

Simon Hibbs