meeting your God

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:29:50 -0000

Andrew writes:

"FWIW, YMMV: I have met my God. This past Sunday, I enacted the "Christ Triumphs Over Death" heroquest, and drank his blood. You are free to roll your eyes at my superstition--and for that matter, a Mostali rolls his eyes in just that way at the superstitious Heortling who claims that he "met Orlanth" when the Mostali knows perfectly well that the Heortling just went onto a hill and talked to a priest wearing a fancy get-up."

I don't think that standard Christian dogma says that Communion involves "Meeting" God. Just meeting his blood.

As for the dwarf analogy, my understanding of Glorantha is that you are wrong. The dwarf could tag along and meet Orlanth too. Talk to Orlanth, ask him about his health and the weather, etc. It isn't just some snake-oil TV evangelist illusionist Priest.

I like your view of Glorantha better, where Faith really means something, but I don't think that is how Glorantha is supposed to work. Maybe I'm wrong here?