Re: Meeting your God

From: ttrotsky2 <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 07:54:30 -0000

That doesn't matter, though. The original claim was that people in Glorantha would act differently towards their gods because they are objectively real (specifically, that they'd be more obedient). Yet people in the RW believe that their gods are objectively real, too - whether we agree with them or not isn't the issue, since its the behaviour of the believers we're talking about.

Sure, we Malkioni don't deny that there's a being called Orlanth. Of course there is. He's a blustering, obnoxious bully trying to con people into sacrificing their valuables to him, but he exists all right. But the fact that *we* know he exists doesn't affect the way that the Heortlings act towards him - they'd act the same way even if there weren't objective proof of his existence that would satisfy us.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic