Re: Meeting your God

From: morganconrad <morganconrad_at_...>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 00:24:04 -0000

Andrew writes:

"but in mine, it is quite arguable that the god-talker *becomes* God for the duration of the heroquest... erm, I mean, the Liturgy."

Even if I accept these religious tenets, it's "arguable", and you could, at best, claim it as an Article of Faith, not provable, objective reality. In Glorantha, it's not at all arguable. That's my point. The Dwarf (named Amazing Randi of course) at a hypothetical "Orlanthi Mass" would detect hemoblobin in the wine, human DNA in the Host, and then meet Orlanthi, be able to do a voiceprint, compare it to the NSA voiceprints, :-) and find objective proof that the Orlanthi do actually meet Orlanth.