Re: Humakt/Iron Man - A Hero Cult?

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:15:17 -0000

> Sounds good to me.
>
> One question though. Can you learn a secret from a Hero cult and a
> secret from your God? I get the impression (if I remember right)
that
> this isn't recommended.
>
> Jon

To do something like that, you would have to becmoe a full devotee of that hero. This is something most people are unable or unwiling to do because the magic they get is just not worth the effort. You usually get a sub-standard affinity and possibly access to a secret. You can fully initiate to a hero (and pay that 30%) and just get the affinity but agani, this is restrictive. This is according to what Greg said but with the changes of HeroQuest, I could be completely wrong.

As an example: Devotion is only way to get magic from BigMan. However, he provides a secret - a heroform.

Hope this helps!

Jeff