Re: Humakt/Iron Man - A Hero Cult?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:37:28 +1200

Jon writes:

> I see Iron Man as having been a devotee of both Efrodar Blackhands
> and Hu the Sword (so the temple will have access to both?).

IIRC Efrodar Blackhands fought during the Gbaji War and so would postdate Iron Man. Secondly, if you make Iron Man a disciple of Humakt then you won't have to worry about what magics he knows.

> The cult has a strange relationship with the nomads - fighting them
> because they are not us - but accepting them into the cult if they
> are persuaded that this is true.

The nomads are more likely to oppose Iron Man than vice versa because Iron Man is an invader and also Iron Man is neutral with regards to ethnic differences. Worshippers of the Iron Man might have some qualms about the nomad devotion to Bronze Treasure, a different war god, and so fight those kind of nomads.

There is a magic society of sword-brothers in Prax which is thought to be Humakti. Hence I suggest that the nomads accept Iron Man as one of their own "spirits".

 --Peter Metcalfe