Enemies in a heroquest

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:02:42 -0000

I cannot remember if we have done this one before but here goes.

Is there any way to deliberately enter another's heroquest and take the role of one of their opponents if you know the right myth? So if Halgar is doing the 'Seven Leaps to Freedom' and his nemesis Oddi finds out and knows the 'Battle of Blood Falls' on that myth is same Red Waterfall as when he does 'Enesti wooes the river', can he perform 'Enesti' with the objective of meeting Halgar, ambushing him, and preventing him succeeding at 'Seven Leaps'?

If so how does Oddi get to enact the quest so that he appears in it Halgar's quest at the right moment? Do the questers draw themselves together via their personal emnity, and if so does this make it difficult to disrupt quests in this way without that relationship?

Opinions?